Marty the Robot V2 Small Class Pack With STEM extras
The New Marty V2 makes learning about robotics and coding fun and engaging. Program your Marty in languages from ScratchJr and simple blocks in Scratch to Python and beyond, learn about sensors, and expand your robot.
Unique movements: Walking, dancing, turning, side stepping and kicking. Marty’s unique leg design makes a swagger like no other robot.
Interactive sensors: With an array of sensors including position, tilt, proximity & force, and a built-in speaker, Marty can talk and play sounds, feel, and even shake hands. Marty comes with IR Obstacle Sensor and Colour Sensor as standard.
Coding for all abilities: Program Marty with Scratch Junior, Scratch, Python, and even up to professional level with a Raspberry Pi and the ROS (Robot Operating System). With a camera, your Marty could play football autonomously!
Expandable & customisable: Marty likes learning new things. Add extra sensors (temperature, noise, light and more), a camera, disco LED lights, grabbing hands, a Raspberry Pi computer, or 3D print your own custom parts.
1 Small Class Pack Contains:
- 5 Marty the Robot V2s
- 1 Battery Charging dock with 5 slots
- 5 spare Batteries
- 1 Distance Sensor
- 10 Infrared (IR) Obstacle Sensors
- 5 Colour Sensors
- Printed Educators Guide
- Stickers to customise each robot
- Coloured Coding Cards for Screen Free coding
A REAL WALKING ROBOT!
Marty can walk, balance on one leg, sidestep, turn, dance, kick a ball and so much more.
- Screen-free coding
- I2C with Marty custom add-ons
- Lesson plans & educational resources included
- Speaker & fun noises
- LED disco lights add-ons
- Robust & classroom-ready
- 9 independently controllable, metal geared smart servo motors.
- Motor position sensors
- Acceleration & tilt sensor
- Obstacle sensor
- Colour sensor for screen-free coding
- Distance sensor
- Noise sensor
- Light sensor
- Program from PC, Android & iOS devices
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi & micro:bit
BATTERY & RUN TIME
- Rechargeable battery with inbuilt charger
- USB charging cable included
- Run time is 2-3 hours on a charge
- Online learning & teaching resources, including lesson plans, video guides, tutorials, coding materials and more.